SEW is looking for a summer intern!
Are you passionate about women's empowerment? Have an interest in international development? Do have you want to help with fundraising? Then apply to intern with us! We're looking for a passionate person to work approximately 20 hours a week with us from May - August. Dates are flexible.
Here's what you'll be doing:
- Writing, writing, writing. We work with amazing women with great stories to tell. You will help us tell them. Draft email blasts. Write blog posts. Contribute to newsletter.
- Research potential funders.
- Communications outreach. Look for media outlets and/or journalists who may be interested in writing about us.
- Social media. Create memes, plan Facebook posts, connect with other organizations.
What we're looking for:
- Ideally you will be fully bilingual in Spanish and English. If you're not, that's okay!
- Some experience, coursework or knowledge of international development and women's/human rights.
- An excellent writer.
Unfortunately, we can't pay you, but we do offer a pretty great place to work:
- Work remotely! We'd love if you were in or around Silver Spring or DC so we can have regular meetings but most of your work can be done from home or wherever you'd like.
- Dedicated, passionate people in a mission-driven organization.
- Hands on experience in a variety of facets of our organization.
- We will work with your strengths. Have suggestions? What's your favorite thing to do? Let us know! We'll see if we can work with it.
Also view the posting and application instructions on Idealist.org.